Happy Fathers Day to all Dads in San Diego. Enjoy your family this weekend and attend one of these great events in San Diego with your family. If you had a blast and want to recommend it, please comment on our Facebook page.
Friday June 13th:
1) Fathers Day event with the Soaring Eagles Native American Dance Group College Avenue Center 4855 College Avenue San Diego, CA 92115 12pm Admission: $4 – $7 Join the Soaring Eagles in a special father’s day celebration. Soaring Eagles helps provide a unique cultural environment for the community to experience Native American culture. This special event is one not to miss!
2) Old Globe Theater: Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike The Old Globe – Old Globe Theatre 1363 Old Globe Way San Diego, CA 92101 Show Time: 8pm Admission: $30 – $80 Running since May 17 through June 22, this hilarious winner of the 2013 Tony Award for Best Play is a great way to start Fathers Day Weekend! Award-winning playwright Christopher Durang and director Nicholas Martin (Pygmalion) are in sidesplitting top form with this riotous Broadway smash. San Diego Seniors should make sure to visit the Old Globe Theater and this great Broadway Play is a perfect time to laugh and be with your loved ones
Saturday June 14th:
1) Little Italy farmers market Date Street San Diego, CA Saturday, April 12th, 8:00AM Admission: Free Date Street comes alive every Saturday, rain or shine, from 8:00am-2:00pm with fresh produce, organic produce, various meats, flowers, home accessories, gifts and more. San Diego seniors and their families can pick up rare treats and crafts and people watch to the max.
2) LT 5K at NTC park NTC Park at Liberty Station 2455 Cushing Road San Diego, CA 92106 Admission: $20 Registration begins: 7am Race time: 8:15am Kid 1-mi fun run: 9am What better way to start off Fathers day weekend than with a 5K! This event will bring together celebrities and the San Diego Community to walk/run along the water at NTC Park at Liberty Station in Point Loma, California. Charitable proceeds will benefit the Tomlinson Touching Lives Foundation, a non-profit charity that engages in a number of programs designed to promote educational, social and cultural awareness and positive self-esteem to enhance the lives of children, families and communities. Start our your Fathers Day weekend with a fun and healthy event for the whole family.
3) Antique Bottle and Collectibles show Saturday 8am Al Bahr Shrine Center 5440 Kearny Mesa Road San Diego, CA 92111 On this fathers day weekend, if you’re not up for fitness try the Antiques, collectibles and rare and colorful bottles show. They will be on display and for sale at the big San Diego Antique Bottle & Collectibles Club show. There will be historic and educational displays, food, a raffle and lots of free parking. This is an event for the whole family and sure to be one that San Diego seniors enjoy.
Sunday, June 15th:
1) SD Greek Festival
3655 Park Boulevard
San Diego, California 92103
Festival Hours 11am to 8pm (Dads get in free 11-2)
Treat yourself to an enjoyable weekend with delicious Greek food, imported wine and beer, live Greek music and dancing. Then come back the next day for more fun!
2) Mission Beach Centennial Club: Fathers day cruise to Belmont park Belmont Park 3146 Mission BlvdSan Diego, CA 92109 Car Show time: 10am-3pm Admission: ITS FREE! Go If Dad loves old cars this is the Sunday mid-day event for him! The Mission Beach Centennial Club is honoring all dad’s at the Father’s Day Cruise to Belmont Park. The El Cajon Cruisers will be on hand displaying their best vintage vehicles, 1968 and older. J This car show is open to the public.