Items to Have in the Car During Your Road Trip
Road trips are meant to be fun and exciting and can be a fantastic way for you to connect with your aging parent, but as a caregiver, it’s important to never lose sight of your priorities to keep your parents safe and healthy. Planning ahead and packing certain items in the car can give you peace of mind and make you feel more prepared for any challenges you may face during your trip.
Some items you should have in your car during a road trip to stay safe and healthy include…
- A first aid kit with up-to-date supplies for managing small wounds, bug bites, insect stings, sunburns, and basic illnesses such as headaches or upset stomach.
- Vehicle repair kit with jumper cables and flares, as well as emergency leak stopper for tires, and basic vehicle fluids to address issues that may arise with your car during the trip.
- Emergency food and water. This should be in addition to any snacks and drinks you bring along for the trip. Emergency food should be highly nutritive and non-perishable, and you should make sure you have enough potable water for everyone for a few days, if possible.
- Blankets and towels. These offer the obvious benefit of keeping you warm or drying off, but they can also be highly beneficial in a variety of other ways.
- A paper map and printed out directions for where you are going. Most people today rely on GPS and internet-based directions, but these are not always reliable. Keep in mind if your device breaks or you lose connection with the internet or satellite, you will not know where you are going. Paper versions of these directions help you to stay safe and can navigate you even in these situations.
- Simple forms of entertainment that appeal to the different members of your family. Books, puzzles, coloring books, and even trivia games designed specifically for the car can help to fill long hours with less stress and boredom.
Elder care can be a fantastic way to enhance your aging parent’s quality of life as they age in place. An elderly home care services provider can be with your parent on a customized schedule to ensure they have continued access to the level of care, assistance, and support that is right for them. These care services are specifically designed for your aging parent as an individual.
This means they will keep your parent’s needs, challenges, preferences, personality, and goals in mind so they can pursue a lifestyle that is independent, active, and fulfilling while staying healthy and safe. Services can include safe and reliable transportation, assistance with errands such as grocery shopping, help with housekeeping tasks, personal care and activities of daily living support, meal preparation, medication reminders, companionship, and more.
If you or an aging loved one is considering hiring Elder Care in Coronado, CA, or the surrounding area, please contact the caring staff at Love 2 Live Care. Call Today 1-619-291-4663